Are you an automation engineer, capable of undertaking tasks independently on a project? You ideally have experience of working on the entire design process (Basis of design, Detailed design, Construction Support) with minimum 10 years experience. Are you looking for a career opportunity with growth potential in a dynamic and international environment?
- Takes the automation discipline role on projects, reports to the Project Manager(s) in terms of hours expended, delivery, quality and progress;
- Writes URS’s for automation systems based on preliminary review and meetings with the client;
- Prepares engineering studies and architecture design for new systems and analyzes operation of existing systems;
- Prepares enquiry documents for automation proposals from system integrators and automation contractors/vendors;
- Reviews and approves automation vendor documentation such as FDS, SDS, HDS, RA, RTM and IOQ protocols;
- Works with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required;
- Provides designs for own projects and produces sketches to incorporate in drawings by drafters;
- Researches design options and documents findings for Projects;
- Ensures that drawings and designs are in accordance with company production and design standards and with SOP’s, WI’s and guidelines;
- Ensures that designs are executed in compliance with client standards;
- Interacts with other Departments and disciplines including: Process / HVAC / Piping / EHS / C&Q / Procurement.