|Corrosion Engineer||Petro-Chemische industrie||Zuid-Holland|
Provide technical consulting and assistance in the areas of corrosion, materials and inspection. Assuring that the proper materials of construction are used for existing, revamp or greenfield refinery equipment so as to be resistant to failure.
Responsibilities and Authorities:
• the corrosion and materials expert for the refinery
• owns, maintains and improves the Refinery Corrosion Control Program
• Provides material selection guidance for projects and modifications
• Identifies integrity risks and provides mitigation advices
• Reviews existing materials of construction and, considering operating conditions, evaluates damage mechanisms and inspection strategy (corrosion systems/circuits) to assist with inspection planning.
• Reviews and signs-off on materials of construction for new construction projects.
• Organizes, interprets and provides refinery communications on metallurgical failure analyses.
• Supports optimisation engineers with selecting and evaluating corrosion inhibitors and safe operating limits.
• Assures Engineering Specifications are addressing corrosion, materials selection and fabrication issues correctly.
• Interprets internal and external industry Lessons Learned to determine changes needed in the Refinery .
• Supports Risk Based Inspection implementation within the refinery.
• Participates in company network functions such as audits and shares learning with the refinery.
• Develops and provides corrosion and metallurgical trainings for colleagues within the operation, optimization, availability and inspection departments.
• SPA (single point of accountability) for the Corrosion Under Insulation improvement program.
• Responsible for the wireless corrosion monitoring program including the analysis and quarterly reporting.
• BSc. or MSc. in a relevant educational background (e.g. chemical or materials engineering).
• Additional courses: Metallurgy, corrosion control, failure analysis.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years' experience in the refinery industry in either an inspection or engineering function.
English and Dutch (pré) language is essential.
If you have the skills, desire and drive needed to succeed in this role, please submit your resume for consideration in the first instance. We will contact you if we have any questions regarding you, or your resume.
To process your application quickly and in good order, we highly recommend you apply via our website.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate and contact us by mail: email@example.com, or by phone +31 70 3242800, you may ask for Lennaert van Zon or Gert-Jan Pleijsier