|QA/QC Welding Inspector (Storage Tanks & Piping)||Tankterminals||Zuid-Holland|
The QA/QC inspector is responsible for performing the required inspections, surveillances, reporting inspection results, follow-up to deficiencies and non-conformities with suppliers and contractors. Within the internal organization the QA/QC inspector will liaise with construction and engineering department in finding resolutions to resolve and prevent quality issues. The QA/QC inspector will execute the physical inspections according test and inspection plans and inspection surveillance program and is responsible for meeting the project quality objectives, as described in the Construction Quality Manual and project requirements. Responsible to attend welder’s qualification testing and report the results. I responsible to review, evaluate and accept heat treatment processes, procedures and reports and shall have experience working with heat treatment e. g. pre-heat and post weld heat treatment and shall have knowledge and experience with equipment, set up, thermocouple placement, temperature control and review for acceptance of PWHT charts. Performs daily surveillances on welding consumable handling, weld preparation, welding activities, performs verification of correct flange alignment and will witness hydrostatic testing and flushing of pipe systems. The QA/QC inspector reports to the Construction Quality Manager.
• Every team member acts as example in a safe project working attitude
• Reviews and understands contractual quality and design requirements, including project specifications.
• Assures implementation of construction site Quality Program
• Reviews contractor quality documentation and procedures.
• Proactively reviews contractors detailed inspection and test plans (ITP’s), to insure the materials and procedures will pass quality testing.
• Preferred wide range of inter-discipline knowledge (Civil, Welding, Rotating, Mechanical)
• Carry out Inspections for inspection activities, per ITP’s.
• Conducts materials testing and analysis, using tools and equipment and applying technical knowledge necessary to conduct tests.
• Verifies contractors used materials, workmanship and quality of work in accordance with project specifications and approved drawings.
• Promptly notifies Construction Team of any quality issues and concerns.
• Performs inspection surveillances according the surveillance program.
• Prepares reports detailing performed surveillances, tests conducted and results thereof
• Responsible to assist in finding resolutions for quality issues.
• Interacts with contractors and construction personnel to ensure work activities and products meet required quality levels and standard.
• Acts on preservation issues of materials and equipment.
• Reviews contractor quality documentation and procedures.
• Actively assists in maintaining up to date quality administration.
• Executes or participates in quality audits. Auditing of field work by subcontractors,
performance of specific inspections and tests, and audit report preparation.
• Attends contractor progress meetings for quality input.
• When needed, will perform supplier inspections at various locations, also outside of The Netherlands
• Attends contractor progress meetings for quality input
• Relevant professional education, inspection skills, qualifications and certifications, like ASQ Certified Quality Inspector or SKO IKT-2.
• IWI level C or CSWIP 3.1 qualification, equivalent certification card or >15 years proven experience, including interpretation radiographic films.
• Experience through working at industrial and/or petro-chemical construction projects, minimum of 5 years of combined experience in the installation, inspection and testing of piping systems and storage tanks or other static equipment.
• Minimum 3 years of field QA/QC experience required
PERSONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Quality focused and detail orientated. Good analytical skills
• Good quality reporting skills.
• Good self-management skills and be able to work with deadlines.
• Proactive and determined work attitude.
• Good Knowledge of Quality processes.
• Has construction site experiences.
• Speaks fluent in Dutch, English (Read/Write)
• Visual examination record (color test plates such as Ishihara test plates)
• Competent in use of appropriate codes of practices, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
• Read, interpret and understand construction -drawings, -plans and project specifications in order to ensure compliance with project specifications
• Understanding of quality control and quality assurance for the inspection and QC processes.
• Develops a pro-active attitude aimed at a decrease of reactive tasks
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Well Experienced with welding fit-up and weld processes, welder’s qualifications, NDT techniques.
• Has professional knowledge of codes and standards involved. (ASME-BPVC SEC V & IX, ASME B31.3, EN 14015, API STD 650)
• All quality control documentation required for welding piping and storage tanks
• Five years welding inspection experience and hold a IWI level C or CSWIP 3.1 qualification, equivalent certification card or without certification >15 years proven experience as a welding inspector.
• Certified to evaluate and accept examinations (such as for RT, UT, PA, PT or MT).
• Review, evaluate and accept heat treatment processes, procedures, calibration and PWHT
• Experienced with structural steel fabrication and installation to EN 1090.
• Certification as a NACE Coating inspector is preferred, or minimum five year’s experience industrial painting/coatings application & inspection thereof.
If you have the skills, desire and drive needed to succeed in this role, please submit your resume for consideration in the first instance. We will contact you if we have any questions regarding you, or your resume.
To process your application quickly and in good order, we highly recommend you apply via our website.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate and contact us by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone +31 70 3242800, you may ask for Lennaert van Zon.