|Piping Engineer||Olie & Gas||Zuid-Holland|
As Piping Engineer, you perform all necessary engineering activities related to piping engineering and design. You Support / assist other Piping Engineers with the performance of their assignments and direct and review the work performed by the Piping Designers. You direct and coordinate the work performed by the Pipe Stress and Piping Materials Engineers. You direct and review the work performed by piping engineering subcontractors. Furthermore, it is your responsibility to promote a team spirit amongst the engineers and designers assigned on the project. You optimize material selection and design to achieve lowest possible quantities and consequently cost, but without compromising on safety, quality and project requirements.
Is aware and cares for Health, Safety & Environmental aspects during daily actions, and drives HSE performance throughout project and or internal/ external services activities.
• All necessary engineering activities related to piping engineering and design.
• Support / assist other Piping Engineers with the performance of their assignments.
• Direct and review the work performed by the Piping Designers.
• Direct and coordinate the work performed by the Pipe Stress and Piping Materials
• Direct and review the work performed by piping engineering subcontractors.
• Promote a team spirit amongst the engineers and designers assigned on the project.
• Optimize material selection and design to achieve lowest possible quantities and
consequently cost, but without compromising on safety, quality and project requirements.
• Review Customer technical requirements and incorporate in project related specifications and design drawings. This shall be done in coordination with the Pipe Stress, Piping Materials and Painting & Insulation Engineers for the issues related to these disciplines.
• As a lead piping engineer, coordinate and organize the piping engineering and design
work with the assigned Pipe Stress and Piping Materials Engineer and the Piping
• Participate in P&ID review meetings.
• Prepare optimum piping layout concept and plotplan.
• Prepare piping engineering related documents such as line designation table, tie-in or
battery limit list, special material (SPM) list, piping engineering and fabrication
specifications and standards etc.
• Coordinate piping related issues with the other disciplines Process, Electrical,
Instrumentation, Furnaces, Civil, Rotating and Static Equipment, Procurement and
• Coordinate piping engineering and detailed design subcontracts to third parties.
• Review piping engineering and detailed design performed by third parties.
• Perform Vendor document review to check suitability of the detailed design.
• Ensure overall quality of the piping design by performing regular model reviews.
• Participate in formal 3D plant model reviews.
• Coordinate the preparation of piping MTO’s for estimating, purchasing and construction tendering purposes.
• Assist project in technical coordination with the Customers.
• Prepare hours estimates and detailed planning of own work.
• Timely report engineering changes effecting manpower and schedule by means of CN
procedure and follow-up upon Department and Project Manager’s approval.
• Report engineering and design status, progress and manpower forecast to the projec
manager and departmental manager.
• Ensure adequate 2nd pair of eyes check is performed by using the available design reviewchecklists.
• Incorporate lessons learned (Quality Deviation Lists, Quality Improvement Points).
• Use Quantity Tracker Program (timely update and inform Project, Procurement and
Construction about changes).
Education: BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Min. 5 years in similar function.
• Understanding the functionality of the piping systems and equipment items as indicated on the P&ID’s.
• Knowledge of international standards related to piping design and engineering.
• Familiar with piping material codes, such as ASME and DIN.
• Familiar with pipe stress calculation methods and constraints.
• Familiar with applying PDS 3D equipment, piping and supporting modeling and Microstation.
Language: English, (Dutch), (German)
If you have the skills, desire and drive needed to succeed in this role, please submit your resume for consideration in the first instance. We will contact you if we have any questions regarding you, or your resume.
To process your application quickly and in good order, we highly recommend you apply via our website.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate and contact us by mail: email@example.com, or by phone +31 70 3242800, you may ask for Lennaert van Zon.