|Junior Safety Advisor||Electrical||Noord-Holland|
Our client is an internationally recognised mechanical, electrical and instrumentation engineering contractor. They have a well established presence in Ireland, the UK and Northern Europe, working with excellent clients across various sectors such as Datacentres, Pharmaceutical, Petrochemical, Industrial and Commercial
• Ensure full compliance on site
• Monitor client safety performance and advise on compliance with our health, safety and welfare policies and the company safety management system.
• Develop safety documents in conjunction with the Site Forepersons/ Site Agent/Project Manager.
• Conduct regular formal site audits and carry out inspections as directed in the Safety Management system.
• Communicate the findings of the audits to site management and assist in the closure of issues in line with client policy.
• Ensure the delivery of health and safety inductions for all new employees or contractors working on site.
• Ensure sub-contractor safety documents are produced and available on site, relevant and in accordance with best practice and current legislation.
• Advise/assist the Site/Project Management team in drafting and communicating method statements for high risk activities.
• Support the site management in ensuring the records of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment.
• Assist in incident/accident investigation reporting and filing.
• Advise on personal protection equipment required by client employees.
• Serve as client representative at site meetings when requested.
• Manage the Tool Box Schedule for the project including attendance records.
• Compile and communicate site emergency plans in conjunction with the site management team.
• Advise site management on the first aid requirements for the project.
• Give advice to site management on training requirements for each project.
• Inform and assist site management on the preparation of the safety file for handover to the client at the end of the project.
• Furnish safety reports to head office as required.
• Comply with other reasonable request from senior management on matters of safety not to the detriment of the core duties.
• Ensure compliance and promote good work practices in relation to health, safety and welfare management systems.
Degree/Diploma in Health and Safety
2+ years experience in a similar role
Previous experience with an engineering or construction contractor
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
If you have the skills, desire and drive needed to succeed in this role, please submit your resume for consideration in the first instance. We will contact you if we have any questions regarding you, or your resume.
To process your application quickly and in good order, we highly recommend you apply via our website.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate and contact us by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone +31 70 3242800, you may ask for Lennaert van Zon.