The Technical Contracting Engineer will report to the team lead Technical Contracting, and will perform the following activities/tasks:
- Development and maintenance of templates for Construction Contract Scope of Work (SoW) Descriptions, Scoping Sheets (combination of quantities & pricing), and Unit Rate Descriptions
- Training of engineers and designers concerning general contracting awareness and the use of above mentioned templates.
- Allocating Technical Scope Interface items (like underground cable pulling, grouting, penetrations etc.) to the “right” contract, within the frame work of the project specific Contracting Strategy/Plan. This includes preparing, facilitating and reporting of scope allocation workshops, which are attended by engineers, contracts manager, construction manager, and project management.
- Review of Inquiry Packages (Construction Contract SoW Description, Scoping Sheets, Unit Rate Descriptions, and related Inquiry drawings and specifications) before issue to market: for all contract trades, from the contractor's perspective: clarity, completeness, consistency, with focus on “who does what”, responsibilities, grey areas.
- General advice & assistance.
- Hands-on involvement in projects to actually prepare SoW, Scoping Sheets and Unit Rate descriptions, and to coordinate release of this package to Contracting department for issue to market, in particular for “special” cases such as EPC contracts, supply & erect equipment contracts, multi-discipline construction contracts, module fabrication contracts, unusual scopes, etc.
- Hands-on involvement or assistance with technical bid evaluations.