Safety Engineering consultants are responsible for: Safety Engineering Management/ Regulatory Compliance/ Technical Safety/ Environmental Engineering/ Loss Prevention/ Human Factor Engineering/ Sustainability/ Noise
- Leadership skills in Safety Engineering with ability to handle complex multi-office projects.
- Carrying the responsibility for the project success and providing strong direction for the team.
- Plans and manages the work, managing the financial aspects of the discipline, including the man-hour estimates and margin goals. Ensures effective management of change.
- Understanding of project business case and reflect this in the work environment such as productivity, schedule, workhour control, innovation etc.
- Be involved in development and implementation of activities such as the latest technology and methods to improve efficiency, accuracy and productivity for the department.
- Takes personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects and demonstrating this by example.
- Can work as an efficient team with project management and other disciplines.
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills (both verbal and written).
For the role Sr. Safety Engineering Consultant Significant technical experience and skills a number of the following areas:
- Safety studies, e.g. HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA;
- Safety philosophies;
- Hazardous area classification studies, ignition control;
- Heat radiation calculations;
- Safety reviews & risk assessments;
- Fire Protection, Safety & loss prevention;
- Consequence Assessments, Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA);
- Legislation & regulations.
- Air, water, soil;
- Emission calculations;
- Technology selection;
- Human Factor Engineering;
- Machine safety.