The primary responsibility of the project engineer is to ensure the technical integrity of the project including compliance with the project scope, project specifications, accepted good engineering practices, work processes, project schedule and overall budget.
The Project Engineer is responsible for coordinating and scheduling all phases of engineering, and for the technical specifications necessary to acquire equipment/materials and services and the technical bid evaluations to procure equipment and services.
On smaller projects the Sr. Project Engineer will acts as a Project Manager as where on a larger project he/she will act as an Area Lead reporting to the Project Manager.
- Understand the various activities that are performed in a project execution cycle.
- Ensure milestones are being met and deliverables are issued in a timely manner and as per schedule.
- Understand Project Procedure, Execution Plans, Quality Plans and take responsibility in the proper execution of the project
- Operational supervision over other project engineers when in a designated area lead position
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of industry standards and design criteria within the engineering industry
- Demonstrate full commitment to Safety and Quality and the implementation within the Project
- Strong in organizing and managing complex engineering activities, including usage of HVEC and Multiple Office Execution
- Working knowledge of project control systems and Cost estimating, including Change Management and Risk Management
- Experience of procurement and contracting technical activities and interfaces
- Experience of field construction and interfaces with engineering
- Assist in proposal coordination/compilation efforts
- Understands contractual requirements for the project
- Strong communication skills