To work as direct report to Project Manager and within the project team and provide general support and coordination of all project related activities. Projects will range from small brownfield modifications through to larger brownfield modifications, greenfield and decommissioning projects. The majority of these roles will be based in the Netherlands, but dependent on project spread may be based in other areas including Aberdeen and Stavanger.
- Responsible for supporting all phases of a project as directed by the project manager. The Project engineer will assist with the management of all contracts within a project phase to ensure all phases of the project are delivered safely, on time and budget. Tasks will include review and comment on all Contractor procedures and drawings; collate comments and track responses until closed out.
- Attendance at all hazids, safety reviews, etc.
- Provide interface with contractor and design and construction teams.
- Management and control of Technical queries and management of changes on the project. Ensure interface management is controlled on the project throughout the various disciplines.
- Ensure that equipment is shipped, installed and commissioned in accordance with the schedules, within budget and in accordance with approved procedures.
- Provide scheduling and budgetary information to project services engineer(s) as required.
- Ensure documentation is up to date, relevant for any work on the topside and subsea facilities.
- Go offshore as required to perform surveys, scoping and installation works. On occasion, the project engineer will act as COMPANY representative.
- Ensuring the design and work methodology complies with the requirements of the other Project groups including Fabrication & Construction, Installation & Hook-up, Procurement & Contracts, HSEQ, Project Management & Controls
- Input to the determination and production of Project Philosophies that will set the limits, guidelines and direction for the design of the systems & plant to the requirements of the above stated departments/groups.
- Review of all key documents produced by the Design Contractor and the timely return of formal comments for incorporation into the final version.
- Monitoring of all AFC documents to ensure compliance with regulations, Project philosophies and industry standards.
- Circulation of key documents to impacted groups & other Compliance Team engineers and the compilation of requirements into a single set of comments.
- Ensuring that client receives maximum functionality, safety, economy and schedule compliance from its Contractors & Suppliers and to bring to Project Management attention any improvement possible from industry innovation.
- Active participation in Project review initiatives.