The Project Controls Engineer provides direct support to Head of Decommissioning NL/UK and the NL integrated decommissioning team in ensuring that the decommissioning project goals and objectives are meet.
Responsible for control of information and project controls for portfolio of NL decommissioning projects, including Management of Change, Risk Management, Information Management and document control. Provides guidance to
internal departments and functions involved in decommissioning on project control requirements to support decommissioning planning and execution.
The Project Control Engineer is responsible for the implementation of project control tools and systems, and follow-up to ensure proper utilization.
The position reports to the Head of Decommissioning NL/UK.
- Responsible for the production of the decommissioning reports and controlling documents, including the implementation of project controls processes and procedures to create the reports, and development where required.
- Develop decommissioning information management system with PIMS and O365 for decommissioning projects.
- Support the management of the main decommissioning documents, i.e. Project Execution Plans, Decommissioning Plan, Contracting Strategy, etc. in line with the LFLM Strategy and supporting processes requirements, ensuring functions provide quality input.
- Compilation and management of main decommissioning documentation and interface with functions for deliverable requirements.
- Responsible coordinator for the decommissioning management of change, risk management and communication / stakeholder registers for control and monitoring.
- Develop, implement, establish project control and information handling practices.
- Support the decommissioning cost engineer with the cost estimate process for decommissioning and ensure traceability of information.
- Support the decommissioning planning engineer and the planning control process and progress measurement methodology; closely liaise with the decommissioning functions to ensure the effectiveness of planning and progress monitoring tools and process for reporting purposes.
- Evaluate and ensure quality of Contractor(s) project deliverables, control procedures and processes.
- Collect, consolidate, analyse and report of project scope control information to ensure overall project status is assessed and potential problem areas identified for corrective action.
- Project Reporting including key performance measures to track/report progress and trends.
- Ensures ongoing effectiveness and continuous improvement of project controls processes and systems.
- Support development of internal and external project stakeholder mapping and communication plans.
- Participates in project procurement, contracting, and contract administration activities to ensure they align with project controls processes and overall decommissioning objectives.
- Alert the Head of Decommissioning NL/UK of any deviations, traceability issues and information gaps with recommendations for follow up and /or contingencies measurers.
- Actively support and contribute to the risk register / contingency allocation.