The role of Material Engineer, being responsible for the day to day supervision and coordination of the Mechanical Engineering and Design team assigned to a project. Candidates shall have multi-office environment focus and have the ability to provide innovative solutions to clients.
The Material Engineer is responsible for ensuring all piping materials, valve flange and fittings including special items are specified, engineered and ordered for the project to project specifications. He/she reports to one or more Piping lead engineers on the respective projects. Input and leadership will be delivered in the conceptual design, project specifications, FEED, basic engineering, extended basic and detailed design phases.
- Preparing, checking and approving technical requisitions for piping components including the technical datasheets.
- Preparing and checking technical bid evaluations for piping components.
- Generating and checking Pipe classes.
- Reviewing client specifications and engineering data from other disciplines.
- Reviewing vendor documentation.
- Managing piping material take offs.
- Generating and checking pipe specifications (bolt tensioning, insulation, painting, etc).
- Executing and checking internal pressure integrity calculations on piping components.
- Determining engineering data such as % X-ray, test pressure, PWHT, painting etc.
- Defining material engineering scope for specific projects based on the requirements and client requirements.
- Handling small to medium size project independently.