As our Operational Buyer for Mining and Capital Equipment you will actively participate in the sourcing activities with the goal of achieving cost reductions, while maintaining or improving quality or vendor service levels. You will work closely together with the Global Sourcing Managers who are responsible for the global sourcing strategy for a specific range of equipment. Your focus will be split across long term projects such as assisting in preparing and coordinating bids, as well as operational activities such as monitoring the purchasing process and negotiate with suppliers.
As Operational Buyer, you have a key role in our organization. You will interact with sites, suppliers and colleagues from all over the globe on a day to day basis.
Additionally, you will also:
• Actively participate in the sourcing activities for the Mining & Equipment subcategory;
• Issue purchase orders and call-offs;
• Follow up on orders to ensure that items are shipped and delivered on time;
• Address & solve issues during the sourcing process;
• Analyze processes and share learnings within the organization;
• Review, prepare, verify and approve financial and business transactions within established frameworks and guidelines.