- Manage civil engineering services that meet applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Manage civil engineering project requirements.
Manage civil engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and comply with required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase order preparation.
- Act as the civil engineering Lead on specific projects.
If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and ensure the required services meet applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in civil engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the civil engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the civil engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.