The IS Operation Engineer is responsible for the client front and server back office side. As such, he is mainly in charge of the followings:
- Follow-up and solvation of L2/L3 incidents assigned to IS Operations support group.
- Initiating and follow-up of Windows server administrative tasks requests towards the remote Admin (BOOST).
- Performing Windows administrative tasks not covered by service provided by BOOST team.
- Enforce the Permanence On-Duty team (Business critical applications support outside Office hours).
- Cooperate with BOOST team to maintain an optimal availability level of all Infrastructural and Application servers, system performance and security.
- Coordinate / guide changes conducted by external integrator. The IT Operation Engineer will have to:
o Initiate the change through filling the Change Approval Board form
o Measure the efficiency and the quality of the integrator activity
o Define/update the operational procedures and take the appropriate actions to put the change into production.
o Make sure that the documentation / infrastructure drawings are updated
- Setup of C/S test infrastructure and coordination of UAT in close collaboration with lead users.
- Supervise and monitor administrator activities delegated to HQ application support team, the BOOST teams or external parties.
- Perform Administration tasks and support on Windows systems and associated peripherals in close cooperation with BOOST team and/or external parties.
- Monitor HQ package version availability and launch package deployment via SCCM in close cooperation with lead users.
- Administrate the storage infrastructure and the Offshore Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
- Monitor and apply validated server security patches and RFCs provided by HQ.
- Assist in defining and describing the operation and installation procedures, and make sure that technical documents incorporate the latest changes.
- Perform quarterly tape readability tests and capture the results.
- Apply security procedures as defined in the group IS security policy document.
- Participate in implementing new systems, scheduling and carrying out of system maintenance, coordinating if necessary with BOOST team or external companies.
- Participate in provisioning of solutions (software, hardware, applications) in close cooperation with other IS domains, HQ experts and/or external parties.
Context and environment
The jobholder works in a critical IT environment taking into account the ISD/IS security and HSE rules within the Group. He performs Client/Server installations, implements relevant rights for groups and users on Business root folders and applications, if necessary, in cooperation with the Information Management & Methods domain. All business documents, files and pieces of information are to be treated confidentially and may never be disclosed.
A properly functioning infrastructure and systems is essential for the business activities especially those concerning the Operation division.
The position is to be considered critical and the jobholder must demonstrate on a daily basis a strong commitment and availability.
- Systems and applications availability, applications versioning following HQ standards, Backup reliability, Number of incidents (infrastructure/applications)
- Jobholder’s availability outside the working hours for planned operations