To provide appraisal, development and production geology expertise to undertake the full range of geological activities related to field management and near field exploration.
• In charge of works and studies performed in field and development geology. This includes:
• Integrating all available geological data as well as documentation to understand regional geology and reservoirs architecture, to optimize the understanding of producing areas and maturation of upside potential on operated assets.
• Using well, seismic, geological, and other potential field data types as required to maintain an up-to-date geological understanding of the subsurface and associated operational risks, incorporating new data or insights as they become available.
• Planning and carrying out geological evaluations and modeling studies at field and near-field prospect scale, including multi-disciplinary datasets. When required, contributing to regional geological studies and analysis with the aid of well correlations, petrophysical data, reservoir maps and geophysical data within the area of interest.
• Preparing the field appraisal, development well planning, near-field resource maturation and subsequently contributing to field development planning and full-field review with the country Area and Asset teams.
• Participating in definition, design and execution of data acquisition programs, and, if required, bringing office or onsite support for any relevant operations (e.g. geo-steering wells).
• When required, acting as a technical leader on relevant projects, coordinating cross-discipline activities.
• Assisting with external studies, QC and apply study findings.
• Providing QA/QC of all Asset geological work, and ensuring that work is performed according to company best practices and standards normally required by an operationally and commercially efficient operator.
• Ensuring that all relevant information is stored appropriately, identifying and propose improvements to the geological and asset team databases, assessing and testing new technologies and software.
• Providing technical support/mentoring to other geologists, GDPs and trainees.
• Responsible for being a role model, inspiring and motivating less experienced colleagues.
• Participating in peer reviews on request.
• Contributing to technical proposals, reports and presentations to partners (workshops/TCMs) or internal processes (BOR/peer Review) in collaboration with the Central subsurface teams.
• Can represent the company in JV committees.
• Participating in compiling technical and business cases for new wells and interventions with the Production Optimization team.
• When required, acting as representative in various technical forums.
• Acting in compliance with Company policies and values, specifically regarding HSE.
• PhD / Master degree or equivalent in geology/petroleum engineering with at least 10 years of experience.
• Advanced knowledge of drilling practices and well logging operations.
• Strong geological background with excellent modelling skills (e.g. Petrel).
• Extensive experience in operated ventures.
• Proven familiarity with the geology and plays of the Southern North Sea.
• Team player, with ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and to integrate the other subsurface disciplines into a project.
• Ability to present results and issues, and to influence on decisions.
• Fluent in English (oral and written). Basics in Dutch language are a plus.
If you have the skills, desire and drive needed to succeed in this role, please submit your resume for consideration in the first instance. We will contact you if we have any questions regarding you, or your resume.
To process your application quickly and in good order, we highly recommend you apply via our website.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate and contact us by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone +31 70 3242800, you may ask for Ilse de Zwart.